This upgrade has been designed to make it easier to communicate with other members on the site. Some of the new features are:
- Voice Chat - was added a few days before the official upgrade. It allows you to have a meeting with voices, similar to a conference call on a phone, if you have a working Webcam. It is available from the "VOICE CHAT" link on the very top of the window.
- Shoutbox - is now usually visible on the right side of the page after logging in. This allows you to more easily see what other members might be trying to communicate at that moment and will allow you to have a more sitewide, immediate communication.
- Voice Chat Status - now usually displayed in the upper right of most every page, so you can easily join the voice/text chat if someone is there.
- Text Chat Status - now usually displayed in the upper right of most every page, so you can easily join the text only chat if someone is there.
- Who's Online - can be seen on the upper right for most pages so that it makes it easier to contact your friends or make some new ones
- Events for Groups - every group on the site can now have their own events associated with them. The idea is to allow groups to schedule their own online meetings.
- Upcoming Online Meetings Displayed - on the home page after logging in, you will now see the next 5 upcoming online meetings that have been scheduled from the groups.
- New User Types - 2 new member types have been added - "Group Leaders" and "Professionals". Both have additional fields in their profile:
Please contact the admin if you want to be changed to one of these member types.
- Group Leader - About My Primary Group, About My Secondary Group
- Professional - About My Professional Practice, My Professional Approach
- Personal Mood and Status - you can set your mood and status in your "My Account" area and these will be visible on your profile page
I am releasing this upgrade with still a few missing features (e.g., IM and Skype info) so that everyone can get back online. Also please note that the Terms and Conditions have been totally redone, so please have a look at them and see if you still agree with them or not.
Thanks once again for being IMHO the best recovery community on the web.